Cells and batteries
Students explore issues concerning different types of cells and batteries (supports OCR Unit 12).
This resource contains:
- Commercial cells and batteries. How cells and batteries differ and how to choose, maintain and recycle them - STUDY SHEET
- The language of cells and batteries. Compiling a glossary of the technical terms used when dealing with cells and batteries - STUDY SHEET
- Making and testing electrochemical cells. Investigating factors that may affect the potential differences of cells - PRACTICAL SHEET
- Emf and internal resistance. Experimental determination of emf and internal resistance - PRACTICAL SHEET
- Standard electrode potentials. Calculating theoretical values for cell emf and comparing calculated and measured values - STUDY SHEET