100 years of car-making in Oxford
08 April 2013
On 28 March 1913, bicycle maker William Morris, later Lord Nuffield and the Foundation's benefactor, produced his first car in a newly built factory at the former Oxford Military College in Cowley, Oxford. The Morris was dubbed "Bullnose" because of its rounded radiator.
This photo gallery from the BBC shows how car-making in Oxford has developed over the last 100 years. Click on the image to view the gallery on the BBC website.