Nuffield-ASE Conference sponsorship for NQTs in UK maintained schools
28 September 2010
The Nuffield Foundation is sponsoring a number of newly-qualified teachers (NQT) to attend the ASE annual conference in Reading, January 2011. This arrangement, in collaboration with ASE, includes the following:
- Registration for Friday and Saturday (7th and 8th January) at the ASE annual conference.
- Accommodation in halls for Friday night.
- Reasonable travel expenses to the conference (standard class train fare/ coach/ car).
- Invitation to the Nuffield lecture and reception on Saturday 8th January 11:30.
- ASE membership for 3 years starting in January 2011 (If not already a member)
- A selection of useful publications:
- the Language of Measurement
- one of the Guides - Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Safeguards in the School Lab 11th Edition
In order to register interest for this sponsorship, the NQTs will need to contact Maja Melendez firstname.lastname@example.org. They will need their head teacher (of the UK maintained school where they are employed from September 2010) to agree that the school
1) Will provide some guidance for the NQT in their focus for the conference, combining the interests of the individual teacher and the school.
2) Will encourage the teacher to feed back to their department.
This agreement is included in the application form.
NQT's can apply as soon as they have a contract for 2010-11 and have gained Qualified Teacher Status. The number of places is limited, but we will aim to get a spread of primary and secondary teachers, and a geographic spread.
The closing date for applications is 10th December 2010.