Welcome to our new website
10 September 2010
Welcome to the new Nuffield Foundation website – we hope you like it.
Our new website offers an accessible overview of our work and presents examples of all our activities. We have tried to make it as user-friendly as possible, enabling you to find the information you need quickly and easily.
There are five main sections:
- Social policy – provides information about research and innovation projects we have funded in areas of family policy, adolescence, civil law, constitutional issues, ageing, tax and benefit and young people and justice. There are examples of projects in all these areas, including reports to download and information about the impact our work has had.
- Education – offers visitors examples of recent projects we have funded in foundations for learning, science, maths, student parents and secondary education transitions, as well as links to the teaching and learning resources available via the Teachers section.
- Capacity building – in this section you will find our popular Science Bursaries for Schools and Colleges and Undergraduate Research Bursaries, as well as information about the Oliver Bird Programme – our specialist programme of rheumatic disease research. You can also see the work we are doing to increase academic and professional training in eastern and southern Africa, and find out how we are strengthening the social science research community by providing small grants to post-doctoral researchers.
- Teachers – this section replaces the curriculum centre website (previously at www.nuffieldcurriculumcentre.org) and is the home for our many influential curriculum projects. As well as providing information on our GCSE and A Level courses, such as Twenty First Century Science and Salters-Nuffield Advanced Biology, this section also offers teachers hundreds of free resources.
- Apply for funding – this section is aimed at applicants to the Foundation and provides an overview of our programmes that are open to applications, as well as clear instructions for how to apply. We also provide FAQs and information about what we don’t fund.
Got some feedback?
If you have any comments or suggestions about the new website please email Fran Bright, Communications Manager at email@example.com.