Q-Step Centres and Affiliates
The 15 Q-Step Centres are developing and delivering new forms of quantitative skills training that will attract students and provide a deeper and more secure grasp of the quantitative skills needed to evaluate evidence and analyse data within their discipline.
In addition, Q-Step Affiliate status has been awarded to groups of departments in a further three universities that demonstrate a high level of commitment to the aims of Q-Step.
The 15 Q-Step Centres
Selection of universities for Q-Step Centres was through an open application process, with a panel of international peer reviewers and an independent selection board. The Q-Step Centres are:
- Bristol Q-Step Centre
- Cardiff Q-Step Centre
- City Q-Step Centre
- Edinburgh Q-Step Centre
- Exeter Q-Step Centre
- Glasgow Q-Step Centre
- Kent Q-Step Centre
- Leeds Q-Step Centre
- Manchester Metropolitan Q-Step Centre
- University of Manchester Q-Step Centre
- Oxford Q-Step Centre
- Queen's Q-Step Centre
- Sheffield Q-Step Centre
- UCL Q-Step Centre
- Warwick Q-Step Centre
The Q-Step Affiliates will broaden the reach of the programme and have been awarded funding for student bursaries for short courses and work placements associated with their revised training provision. The three Q-Step Affiliates are:
- The University of Essex (Departments of Government and Sociology, and the Essex Business School).
- The University of Nottingham (Departments of Geography, Politics and International Relations, Sociology and Social Policy, and Law).
- The University of Southampton (Departments of Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology, Politics and International Relations, and Social Statistics and Demography).