Some of the mathematical requirements on page 58 of the specification may need more detail to explain the level expected. We are providing notes here.
- use ratios
- use and calculate percentages
- interpret frequency tables and diagrams, bar charts and histograms
- understand simple probability
- understand the principles of sampling as applied to scientific data
- understand the terms mean, median and modeuse a scatter diagram to show a correlation between variables
- understand the meaning of simple measures of correlation
- understand the meaning of simple measures of significance
- translate information between graphical and numerical forms
- sketch a graph indicating the relationship between two variables.