Parenting and contact before and after separation
This project uses data from the Millennium Cohort Study (MCS) to examine parenting and contact before and after separation.
The researchers consider two questions: 1) What are the links between fathers' parenting before separation and contact after separation? and 2) Is the parenting competence of mothers affected by separation, and if so, does it recover?
Findings are presented in a report, Parenting and contact before and after separation, and discussed in the video and podcasts below.
CASE working papers
- The Realities of Relocation: Disputes of Post-Separation Migration
- Enforcing contact orders: cases, courts and consequences
- RCT of parent-based models of speech and language therapy
- Impact of dialogic book-sharing on child cognitive and socio-emotional development
- Measuring outcomes for children's social care services
- Understanding the health needs of mothers and children involved in family court cases
- A systematic review of the impact of parent-child reading