Support for adult learners caring for disabled family members
A guide to support for adult learners caring for disabled children or other family members was commissioned by the Elizabeth Nuffield Education Fund (ENEF) and published in 2005.
It is aimed at adult learners who are also family carers and provides information and advice to help readers to:
- feel confident about looking for courses that are right for them;
- make sure they know about the different sources of funding that can help pay for childcare or family support;
- find the right childcare or family support that is safe, convenient and enjoyable for the family.
Subjects covered include:
- benefits and tax credit
- career development loads
- local authority assistance
- legislation in this area.
Dr Philippa Russell, National Children's Bureau
Grant amount and duration
November 2005 - September 2006
A guide to support for adult learners caring for disabled children or other family members, Dr Philippa Russell, 2005
- Care Matters - A Guide to the Carers (Equal Opportunities) Act 2004
- Post-school transitions of blind and partially sighted young people
- Deprivation and Children’s Services Outcomes: a mapping study
- Childcare: a strategic national priority?
- Care and support of older people living in the community
- An evaluation of innovative HE courses for student parents
- How the tax and benefit system relates to ageing and care